Geshe Sonam Ngodrub, in his commentary for the Basic Program
(BP) at Nalanda Monastery, France, gives a detailed introduction to the modes of practice of the perfection of wisdom on the five Mahayana paths, as taught by the Heart Sutra
and its renowned mantra.
Completed with a short guided retreat, in addition to offering a thorough understanding of the meaning of this precious text, this course aims at deepening students' practice of emptiness and teaches how to meditate on the Heart Sutra
when engaged in its auspicious recitation.
This product is a downloadable PDF file which contains the enrollment key required to access this Basic Program Online
course on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for this course contains all the following resources:
- An introduction to Basic Program Online, with a video introducing the BP subjects by Geshe Jampa Gyatso;
- An introduction to HEART SUTRA including how to approach and study this subject;
- The audio and video recordings (combined) of the 12 teachings by Geshe Sonam Ngodrub, to be viewed/listened to online, or downloaded for off-line use;
- The audio recordings of the 12 teachings in MP3 format for off-line listening;
- The English translation of the Heart Sutra and of the standard Basic Program commentary by Tendar Lharampa;
- An edited transcript of the teachings, with bookmarks that link to each of the teaching sessions;
- A wealth of course materials, including charts, open book study questions with answer keys, supplementary study materials and recommended further reading;
- The audio files (MP3) for a short guided retreat on the HEART SUTRA;
- Access to student and elder discussion forums;
- Information about the Basic Program Online completion certificate option and the online test to complete this subject.
For more information about this program and its preparatory study and practice please go to the Introduction to Basic Program Online at the FPMT Online Learning Center.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.