The Wheel of Sharp Weapons
, composed by the great Indian yogi Dharmarakshita more than a thousand years ago, is among the most esteemed of the so-called mind training teachings. Mind training is a special genre of teaching that deals with with employing techniques for transforming problems into happiness. Ven. George Churinoff, an American-born Buddhist monk and highly respected teacher of more than 20 years standing, guides us verse by verse through Dharmarakshita's classic, explaining the workings of karma, the benefits of altruism, and the means to cut through our true enemies: self-grasping and self-cherishing.
This product is a downloadable PDF file which contains the enrollment key required to access this Basic Program Online
course on the online learning site http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for this course contains all the following resources:
- An introduction to Basic Program Online, with a video introducing the BP subjects by Geshe Jampa Gyatso
- An introduction to MAHAYANA MIND TRAINING Wheel of Sharp Weapons including how to approach and study this subject
- The video recordings of 14 teaching sessions with Ven. George Churinoff, which can either be streamed online, or downloaded for off-line viewing
- The audio recordings of the 14 teaching sessions in MP3 format for off-line listening
- Guided meditations included in the recordings of every session
- The English translation of the course text
- Course materials including charts, homework assignments, support for meditation and short retreat, supplementary study materials and recommended further reading
- Access to student and elder discussion forums
- Information about the Basic Program Online completion certificate option and the online test to complete this subject
For more information about this program practice please go to the Introduction to Basic Program Online at the FPMT Online Learning Center.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.