The presentation of the various types of awarenesses and knowers explores the way we perceive and interpret the world around us. In fact, the path to enlightenment itself could be described as a progression from wrong forms of cognition to valid cognition, from ignorance and wrong view to the state of all-knowing wisdom.
Venerable George Churinoff, an American-born Buddhist monk and highly respected teacher, presents the subject as part of the Basic Program at Land of Medicine Buddha, interspersed with guided meditations and completed with a practice day with additional meditations and discussions.
This product is a down-loadable PDF file which contains the enrollment key required to access this Basic Program Online course on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for this course contains all the following resources:
- An introduction to Basic Program Online, with a video introducing the BP subjects by Geshe Jampa Gyatso,
- An introduction to Mind and Cognition, part 1, Awarenesses and Knowers, with information on how to approach and study this subject,
- Over 28 hours of video teachings by Venerable George Churinoff which can either be streamed online, or downloaded for off-line viewing. In addition the teachings are available in MP3 audio format for off-line listening,
- The English translation of the course root text,
- A wealth of course materials, including guided meditations, charts and exercises, and homework quizzes with answer keys,
- Access to student and elder discussion forums, and
- Information about the Basic Program Online completion certificate option and the online test to complete this subject.
For more information about this program and its preparatory study and practice please go to the Introduction to Basic Program Online at the FPMT Online Learning Center.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.