A concise and accessible introduction to the four main schools of Buddhist tenets, representing the differing levels of interpretation of the sutras delivered by the Buddha.
Geshe Tsulgas commentary, offered for the Basic Program at Kurukulla Center in Boston, USA, draws out the implications of the various tenets, and shows how the teachings on profound emptiness and buddhahood found in Madhyamaka evolve from and complement the more elementary teachings of the Vaibhasika, Sautrantika and Cittamatra schools.
This product is a down-loadable PDF file which contains the enrollment key required to access this Basic Program Online course on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for this course contains all the following resources:
- An introduction to Basic Program Online, with a video introducing the BP subjects by Geshe Jampa Gyatso,
- An introduction to TENETS including how to approach and study this subject,
- The video recordings of the 17 teachings by Geshe Tsulga, which can either be streamed online, or downloaded for off-line viewing
- The audio recordings of the 17 teachings in MP3 format for off-line listening
- The English translation of the course root text
- An edited transcript of the teachings, with bookmarks that link to the outlines of the root text
- A wealth of course materials, including guided meditations, charts, open book study questions with answer keys, supplementary study materials and recommended further reading
- The audio files (MP3) for a four day guided retreat on Emptiness and the Four Schools
- Access to student and elder discussion forums, and
- Information about the Basic Program Online completion certificate option and the online test to complete this subject.
For more information about this program and its preparatory study and practice please go to the Introduction to Basic Program Online at the FPMT Online Learning Center.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.