The MP3 CD version of this program can be played on an MP3 player or on your computer. It cannot be played on an ordinary audio CD player.
Discovering Buddhism is now available online with all the same materials as the hardcopy program and also with some additional materials including the Discovering Buddhism video extract, online electronic quizzes and integrated discussion forum.
Understand life, death and rebirth and the nature of mind. Learn to use fear of death to overcome fear of death. Discover how to use the certainty and imminence of death to enhance your quality of life. Practice analytical and placement meditation. See how the entire path to enlightenment hangs together as a cohesive whole and where the teachings on impermanence and death, the first and last that the Buddha gave, fit in.
Taught by Dr Nicholas Ribush
Module 5, Death and Rebirth Includes:
Learn more about Discovering Buddhism at Home
- Written Guidelines for how to proceed through the program. Download here.
- 6 teaching sessions on Death and rebirth
- 3 meditations
- Transcripts of the teachings, guided meditations, and DB Readings as PDF files
- Subject Area summary sheet for Death and rebirth Teacher outlining the topics covered, required readings and practices as well as suggested readings and practices
- Three day retreat outline
- Assessment questions
- Completion card
Required Reading (for those following this program for a certificate) for Module 5:
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand
- Mind of Clear Light – Advice on Living Well and Dying Consciously, by H. H. the Dalai Lama - Published by Atria Books
Suggested Readings for Module 5: (check our Store or Snow Lion/ Wisdom Publications)
Download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
- Spiritual Friends
- Death, Intermediate State and Rebirth
for Online version.