The MP3 CD version of this program can be played on an MP3 player or on your computer. It cannot be played on an ordinary audio CD player.
Discovering Buddhism is now available online with all the same materials as the hardcopy program and also with some additional materials including the Discovering Buddhism video extract, online electronic quizzes and integrated discussion forum.
The teachings and instruction given within this module will create a firm foundation for establishing one's own daily practice. In Establishing a Daily Practice, you will come to understand clearly how the lam-rim is a blue print for your personal attainment of enlightenment. Learn not only why and how to set up a daily practices but also how to stay motivated in your spiritual life. Teachings and meditations taught and led by Kendall Magnussen.Module 8, Establishing a Daily Practice includes:
Learn more about Discovering Buddhism at Home
- Written Guidelines for how to proceed through the program. Download here.
- Teachings on Establishing a Daily Practice, taught by Kendall Magnussen
- 5 meditations to accompany this module plus the ceremony for taking the Eight Mahayana Precepts, led by Kendall Magnussen
- Transcripts of the teachings, guided meditations, and DB Readings as PDF files
- Making the Life Meaningful, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Direct and Unmistaken Method, translation by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Subject Area Summary Sheet for Establishing a Daily Practice outlining the topics covered, required readings and required integration practices* as well as suggested readings
- Advice on the Recommended Time to Study / Practice this Subject
- Intensive Practice-day Instructions
- Assessment Questions
- Completion Card
Required Reading (for those following this program for a certificate) for Module 8:
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand
- A Daily Meditation on Shakyamuni Buddha
Suggested Readings for Module 8: (check our Store or Snow Lion/ Wisdom Publications)
- Essential Buddhist Prayers, an FPMT Prayer book
- Lam Rim Outlines
- Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life
- Meditations on the Path to Enlightenment (we currently do not stock this)
- Path to Enlightenment
Download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Please use Windows Media Player to open these CDs if you are using your computer CD-Rom drive and if they do not open automatically.
Click here for Online version.