The MP3 CD version of this program can be played on an MP3 player or on your computer. It cannot be played on an ordinary audio CD player.
Buddhism is now available online with all the same materials as the
hardcopy program and also with some additional materials including the Discovering
Buddhism video extract, online electronic quizzes and integrated discussion
Take the time to investigate the role of the teacher on the spiritual path: the need for a teacher, the qualities of a teacher, the qualities of a student, and how to relate to a teacher for greatest benefit in one's spiritual life. Consider the challenges we face when thinking of entering into a "guru-disciple" relationship and learn how to overcome these skillfully. Taught by Ven Connie Miller this module talks about the role of the spiritual guide on the path to enlightenment.
Module 4, The Spiritual Teacher includes:
- Written Guidelines for how to proceed through the program - Download here.
- Advice Regarding Spiritual Teachers - Download here.
- 5 teaching sessions on The Spiritual Teacher
- 5 meditations
- Transcripts of the teachings, guided meditations, and DB Readings as PDF files
- Subject Area summary sheet for The Spiritual Teacher outlining the topics covered, required readings and practices as well as suggested readings and practices
- Intensive Practice Day (Retreat) outline
- Assessment questions
- Completion card
This module has been completely redone in April 2006. The teachings have been re-recorded and re-transcribed.
It has been advised by many of our DB teachers that this module on The Spiritual Teacher be delayed until after module 7, Refuge in the Three Jewels, or even until before Mod 13, Introduction to Tantra. This is personal choice for each student to make depending on their personal inclination.
Required Reading (for those following this program for a certificate) for Module 4:
Suggested Readings for Module 4: (check our Store or Snow Lion/ Wisdom Publications)
- Heart of the Path
- The Fulfillment of all Hopes
- The Life of Gampopa
- The Life of Naropa
- Enlightened Beings
- The Fourteen Dalai Lamas
- The Fifty Stanzas of the Spiritual Teacher
- The Life of Milarepa
Download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Please use Windows Media Player to open these CDs if you are using your computer CD-Rom drive and if they do not open automatically.
for Online version.