Understand life, death and rebirth and the nature of mind. Learn to use fear of death to overcome fear of death. Discover how to use the certainty and imminence of death to enhance your quality of life. Practice analytical and placement meditation. See how the entire path to enlightenment hangs together as a cohesive whole and where the teachings on impermanence and death, the first and last that the Buddha gave, fit in.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 5 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 5 - Death and Rebirth - contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 5 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Six teaching sessions and four guided meditations taught by Dr Nicholas Ribush. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a 'Student and Elder Discussion Forum' for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- A Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand
Mind of Clear Light – Advice on Living Well and Dying Consciously, by H. H. the Dalai Lama - Published by Atria Books
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.