In this module you will investigate the role of the teacher on the spiritual path: the need for a teacher, the qualities of a teacher, the qualities of a student, and how to relate to a teacher for greatest benefit in one’s spiritual life. You will consider the challenges we face when thinking of entering into a “guru-disciple” relationship and learn how to overcome these skillfully.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 4 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 4 - The Spiritual Teacher contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 4 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Six teaching sessions and guided meditations taught by Ven Connie Miller. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a Student and Elder Discussion Forum for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand , Pabongka Rinpoche
Heart Of The Path , Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.