In this module you will investigate what samsara is and how we are stuck in it. Find out what nirvana is and how to achieve it. Develop the determination to be free from suffering and its cause and empower yourself with practical tools to deal with and eliminate disturbing emotions forever.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 9 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 9 – Samsara and Nirvana contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 9 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Seven teaching sessions taught by Ven. Tenzin Fedor and four guided meditations in PDF format. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a Student and Elder Discussion Forum for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand , by Pabongka Rinpoche
- The Meaning of Life, His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- The Four Noble Truths
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.