Explore the differentiation between mind and brain, mind as the creator of our experiences, and the implications of possessing a mind that has no beginning and no end. In addition, learn methods to transform destructive thoughts and attitudes and create a positive and joyous mind.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 1 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 1 - Mind And Its Potential contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 1 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Four teaching sessions and four guided meditations taught by Thubten Yeshe. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a 'Student Discussion Forum' and an 'Ask an Elder Forum' for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are suggested as additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
Suggested Readings for Module 1: (check our Store or Snow Lion/ Wisdom Publications)
- Spiritual Friends
- Buddhist Psychology
- The Mind and its Functions
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.