In this module you will be informed about what it means to take refuge in the Three Jewels (Buddha, Dharma and Sangha), and the essential practices of refuge. You will find out more about the advantage of taking lay vows and their role in enhancing our spiritual growth.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 7 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 7 – Refuge in the Three Jewels contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 7 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Six teaching sessions taught by Ven Thubten Dondrub and two guided meditations taught by Ven Connie Miller. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a Student and Elder Discussion Forum for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand , by Pabongka Rinpoche
- Refuge in the Three Jewels, Booklet published by FPMT
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.