This module aims to introduce you to the Buddhist concept of karma, the law of cause and effect, and what it means to take personal responsibility. Using examples from everyday life we will analyze how actions determine their results and cause us to experience either happiness or suffering. We will explore purification practices and establish a daily meditation on karma.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 6 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 6 - All About Karma contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 6 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Four teaching sessions by Renate Ogilvie and two guided meditations led by Ven Yeshe Khadro. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a Student and Elder Discussion Forum for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand , Pabongka Rinpoche
Healing Anger , His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.