Discover the clear meditation instructions available in Tibetan Buddhism that enable you to develop your innate qualities of loving kindness and compassion. Learn the skills of applying these techniques to generate the mind of bodhichitta, the wish to attain enlightenment for the benefit of others, known to be the heart of Buddha’s teachings.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 10: How to Develop Bodhichitta on the Online Learning Center.http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 10 - How to Develop Bodhichitta contains all the following resources:
- A 26-minute video from the Discovering Buddhism DVD series.
- Fourteen teaching sessions and seven guided meditations taught by Ven Kaye Miner. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to “Student Discussion” and “Ask an Elder” forums, providing the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions
- Two day retreat instructions
- • A final exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module
The following books are also part of the required readings for this module
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, by Pabongka Rinpoche
- A Short Practice of Four-Arm Chenrezig, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
The following books are some of the suggested additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
- Spiritual Friends, Meditations by the Monks and Nuns of the International Mahayana Institute
- The Bodhisattva Vows, FPMT Education Department booklet
- The Six Perfections , by Geshe Sonam Rinchen
How to Expand Love , by His Holiness Dalai Lama
The Awakening Mind , by Geshe Tashi Tsering
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.