In this module you will learn the meaning of tantra, how tantra works, and why it is a powerful form of practice if done with the right foundation of understanding and practice. Get a broad overview of the distinction between sutra and tantra, the four classes of tantra and the meaning of deity yoga. In addition, find out how to integrate the practices of tantra with lam-rim meditation for optimal results.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 13 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 13 – Introduction to Tantra contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 13 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Four teaching sessions and two guided meditations taught by Jon Landaw. A PDF Transcript for all these teaching and meditation sessions is also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a Student and Elder Discussion Forum for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.