The realization of emptiness is crucial for the attainment of liberation and enlightenment. Teacher Tubten Pende gives a clear and concise presentation on this very difficult topic and introduces various methods to meditate on emptiness that are indispensable for generating realizations within the mind.
This PDF contains the enrollment key required to access Module 12 on the online learning site at http://onlinelearning.fpmt.org
The online site for Module 12 - Wisdom of Emptiness contains all the following resources:
- A 26 minute video for Module 12 from the Discovering Buddhism DVD.
- Six teaching sessions and five guided meditations taught by Tubten Pende. PDF Transcripts for all these teaching and meditation sessions are also provided.
- A list of required and suggested course readings. Many of the required readings are provided in PDF format.
- Access to a 'Student Discussion Forum' and an 'Ask an Elder Forum' for the opportunity to converse with your fellow participants and to receive guidance and answers from the Discovering Buddhism elders for any unresolved questions.
- Heart Sutra retreat instructions
- Short review quizzes for each session in addition to a Final Exam and details of how to obtain a completion certificate for this module.
The following books are part of the required readings for this module.
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand
- Essence of the Heart Sutra: The Dalai Lama's Heart of Wisdom Teachings
- How to See Yourself as you Really Are, by His Holiness Dalai Lama
The following books and practices are some of the suggested additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course (check our Store or Snow Lion/ Wisdom Publications).
- Calming the Mind, by Gen Lamrimpa (FPMT, SLP)
- Realizing Emptiness, by Gen Lamrimpa (FPMT, SLP)
- The Buddhism of Tibet, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama (SLP)
- Chandrakirti’s Sevenfold Reasoning, by Joe Wilson ( SLP)
Emptiness Yoga, by Jeffrey Hopkins (FPMT, WP)
Click here to download the complete list of required and suggested reading for this program.Suggested Integration Practices
- Preliminary Practice of Prostrations, Published by FPMT
- Altar Set up & Water Bowl Offerings, Published by FPMT
- Offerings; Extensive (Lights and other) (PDF), Published by FPMT
Important information about your order of online materials:
Following your purchase of an online course, you will receive an email with a link to a webpage to download a PDF document which will contain the enrollment key for the course and instructions on how to access the course on the FPMT Online Learning Center.
for hard copy version.