Item Id: E-EBP1C5
Reader eBook Format (non-reflowable PDF).
This PDF contains all the same prayers and practices of the printed version. This edition contains the same prayers and practices as the previous
volume, with the addition of a few very powerful mantras included at the
request of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Volume 1 of this 3 part Essential Buddhist Prayers series contains all the Basic Prayers and Practices for daily practice and retreat. Included within are:
- Morning Prayers – Blessing the Speech, initial morning prayers, Eight Mahayana Precepts ceremony, 35 Buddhas confession, general confession and prostrations to the 7 Medicine Buddhas
- Mahayana Prayers for Teaching Occasions – includes prayers for before and after teachings
- Vows and Commitments – includes refuge commitments & lay precepts
- Lam-rim Prayers – includes Calling the Lama from Afar (short and long), Foundation of All Good Qualities, Three Principles of the Path, Practicing Guru Devotion with the Nine Attitudes and A Glance Meditation on All the Points of the Lam-Rim
- Thought Transformation – includes the Everflowing Nectar of Bodhichitta (Meditation on 1000-arm Chenrezig with the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation)
- Daily Meditations – includes A Daily Meditation on Shakyamuni Buddha by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Tara – includes the 21 Praises (English, phonetics and chantable English)
- Everday Dharma - includes Care of Dharma Materials, Food Offering and Daily Thought Training
- Prayers of Aspiration – includes Prayer for a Statue of Maitreya, Prayer for Spontaneous Bliss, Prayer to be Reborn in the Land of Bliss, and three-verse aspiration for bodhichitta by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Dedication Prayers – includes recommended FPMT Dedication Prayers , King of Prayers, additional dedications by Lama ZopaRinpoche, Final Lam Rim Prayer, Prayer for the Flourishing of Lama Tsongkhapa's Teachings, and Multiplying Mantras
- Long Life Prayers – includes prayers for His Holiness Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Lama Osel Rinpoche
Pages: 292, Edition 2011
Click here for hard copy version.