This edition contains all the same prayers and practices as the old edition, with the addition of extensive meditations to be done in conjunction with Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga, a compilation of protector practices as suggested by Lama Zopa Rinpoche for the success of FPMT projects, and an additional section containing long life prayers, special FPMT dedication prayers and multiplying mantras.
Incorporating suggestions from Lama Zopa Rinpoche with feedback from FPMT students, directors, and spiritual program coordinators, we have created a prayer book that is lighter and easier to use. We combined Tibetan phonetics and English translation in a line-by-line format that allows the practitioner to chant in Tibetan and meditate on the meaning simultaneously. The cumbersome tab system has been replaced with consecutive page numbers and a complete index. As in all our publications, we have switched to new fonts personally selected by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Essential Buddhist Prayers, Vol. II, contains a comprehensive collection of the practices that Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises should be practiced regularly by all FPMT centers. Briefly, the contents are as follows:
- Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga
- The Extensive Offering Practice and Liberating Animals from the Danger of Death, for powerful purification and accumulation of merit
- The Abbreviated Four-Mandala Ritual of Tara Chittamani (to be practiced on the 8th of the Tibetan lunar month and on the full and new moon days).
- The Medicine Buddha puja known as the The Wish-Fulfilling Jewel (to be practiced on the 8th of the Tibetan lunar month and on the full and new moon days).
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s short daily purification practice of Vajrasattva followed by the Heruka Vajrasattv tsog offering puja composed by Lama Thubten Yeshe.
- Protector Practices – Four-Face Mahakala Puja, A Daily Pälden Lhamo Practice, and a collection of protector practices and tea offering (including the Praise to Six-Arm Mahakala and Iron Hook Tea Offering) as done by Lama Zopa Rinpoche for the success of FPMT Projects. (Protector practices are generally practiced on the 29th of the Tibetan lunar month.)
- A new additional prayers section containing long life prayers, Special FPMT Dedication Prayers, multiplying mantras, and end of day dedication prayers.
344 pages, 2009 edition.
for eReader version.