Item Id: E-EBP1
This edition contains the same prayers and practices as the previous volume, with the addition of a few very powerful mantras included at the request of Lama Zopa Rinpoche. In addition, incorporating Rinpoche’s suggestions with feedback from FPMT students, directors, and spiritual program coordinators, we have created a prayer book that is lighter and easier to use. We combined Tibetan phonetics and English translation in a line-by-line format that allows the practitioner to chant in Tibetan and meditate on the meaning simultaneously. The cumbersome tab system has been replaced with consecutive page numbers, and a complete index. As in all our publications, we have switched to new fonts personally selected by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Volume 1 of this 3 part Essential Buddhist Prayers series contains all the Basic Prayers and Practices for daily practice and retreat. Included within are:
- Morning Prayers – Blessing the Speech, initial morning prayers, Eight Mahayana Precepts ceremony, 35 Buddhas confession, general confession and prostrations to the 7 Medicine Buddhas
- Mahayana Prayers for Teaching Occasions – includes prayers for before and after teachings
- Vows and Commitments – includes refuge commitments & lay precepts
- Lam-rim Prayers – includes Calling the Lama from Afar (short and long), Foundation of All Good Qualities, Three Principles of the Path, Practicing Guru Devotion with the Nine Attitudes and A Glance Meditation on All the Points of the Lam-Rim
- Thought Transformation – includes the Everflowing Nectar of Bodhichitta (Meditation on 1000-arm Chenrezig with the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation)
- Daily Meditations – includes A Daily Meditation on Shakyamuni Buddha by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Tara – includes the 21 Praises (English, phonetics and chantable English)
- Everday Dharma - includes Care of Dharma Materials, Food Offering and Daily Thought Training
- Prayers of Aspiration – includes Prayer for a Statue of Maitreya, Prayer for Spontaneous Bliss, Prayer to be Reborn in the Land of Bliss, and three-verse aspiration for bodhichitta by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Dedication Prayers – includes recommended FPMT Dedication Prayers , King of Prayers, additional dedications by Lama ZopaRinpoche, Final Lam Rim Prayer, Prayer for the Flourishing of Lama Tsongkhapa's Teachings, and Multiplying Mantras
- Long Life Prayers – includes prayers for His Holiness Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Lama Osel Rinpoche.
292 pages, 2011 edition
Click here for eReader version.