Reader eBook Format (non-reflowable PDF).
Death comes to all living beings, and at that crucial time of transition from one life to the next, we may not know how to best help our loved ones or ourselves.
This PDF contains advice from Tibetan Buddhist master Lama Zopa Rinpoche on preparing for death and assisting others through this time, and provides a plethora of heart practices to do at the time of death, including the Medicine Buddha puja and the traditional eight prayers done in Tibetan Buddhist monasteries.This PDF also contains the most powerful mantras to say for those who are dying or who have died, teachings on their precise benefits, as well as a sheet of mantras to place upon the body of one who has died. It contains precious Sutra texts to benefit the minds of those who are dying, to relieve pain, and to purify negative karma..
- How to benefit the Dying and the Dead
- The Wishfulfilling Jewel (Medicine Buddha Puja)
- A Very Short Medicine Buddha Practice
- Eight Prayers to Benefit the Dead
- Dedication Prayers
- Multiplication Mantras
- Meditation on Taking and Giving (Tonglen)
- The Heart of the Perfection of Wisdom Sutra
- The Noble Sutra on Entering the Great City of Vaishali
- Confession of Downfalls to the Thirty-Five Buddhas
- Giving Breath to the Wretched
- Amitabha Phowa
- Helpful Resource
FPMT has published practices as PDFs which have been formatted for use with eReaders such as Kindle or iPad. The PDF page formatting is fixed and not open on an epub format.You may see what is available in this format here.
Click here for hard copy version.